There are several reasons:
1) I took the vaccine because the benefits of taking the vaccine clearly outweigh the risks of taking the vaccine. Risks are minor including mild side-effects such as injection site pain, muscle pains headache and malaise which are short-lived (24-48 hours) and easily managed with Tylenol or ibuprofen. Benefits of getting vaccinated is that you have 95% chance of preventing the infection and thereby avoiding risk of hospitalization, severe complications and death. Over 350,000 people have died in the United States this year because of COVID-19. No one has died in the six months since people started receiving the COVID vaccines in the trials.
2) I took the COVID vaccine because I want to do my part to protect those around me. I want to protect my family, my patients, my staff, the people in line at the grocery store, the person at the table next to me when I’m at a restaurant, the person I sit next to on an airplane.
3) I took the vaccine because I am tired of coming home from work and living with the fear of spreading the virus to my family.
4) I took the vaccine because based on data from clinical trials and what we have learnt about other vaccines, experts believe that getting a COVID-19 vaccine may also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
5) Finally, I took the vaccine inorder to set an example and to instill confidence in others that this vaccine is safe, highly effective and it works! We’ve been getting vaccines since we are born and as adults. I want you to trust me and to trust science!
Disclaimer: The information is intended to provide general education for patients and their families. The information provided does not constitute medical or health care advice for any individual and is not a substitute for medical and other professional advice and service.